Taylor Benjamin York is the lead guitarist for Paramore and was born on December 17, 1989 (age 31), in Nashville, Tennessee.
Career with Paramore
Taylor was originally part of the small band Josh Farro, Zac Farro, and Jason Clark created. He later helped write and record on All We Know is Falling and Riot!, and took part of all tours supporting Riot!, including The Final Riot!. He later left due to his parent's desire for him to graduate high school before rejoining in 2007 as a touring member.
On 15 June 2009 Paramore announced that Taylor York has officially become a full-time member of the band.
Due to his closeness with Zac Farro, many fans and Hayley Williams believed he would follow suit and leave the band as well in 2010. However, during Paramore: The Last Word and having a convesation with Hayley after they went to see a show he stated he had no plans to leave the band, because he loved it too much. He and Hayley were the primary songwriters of their fourth studio album, Paramore.
As of the end of 2015, he and Hayley were the only remaining members of Paramore after the departure of bassist Jeremy Davis, making Paramore a duo.
In 2016 after spending some time as a duo, former drummer and old friend Zac Farro returned to the band to record drums on their album After Laughter and it was announced in February 2017 that Farro would be returning full time, officially making Paramore a trio again.
Taylor's equipment has been been a mixture of various guitars; he was mostly seen using Fender guitars, mostly the Fender Jazzmaster electric guitar, and now he is mostly seen using BilT guitars, which he declared being his favorite type of guitars. As for acoustic guitars, he is mostly seen using the Martin 000-18.
His pedal board consists of the Digitech Whammy pedal, the Boss DD-20 Giga-delay, the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power, the Boss Tuner pedal, the Line 6 DL4, Electro Harmonix Doctor Q, the Line 6 pedal, the EHX POG 2, the Maxon AD999 and either the Boss RV-3 or RV-5.
His favourite choice of picks are the Dunlop Nylon .88mm picks.
His entire family is Christian and is musically talented. His father is Peter York, Chairman and CEO of CCMG (Capitol Christian Music Group) who is also a guitarist, and taught the instrument to both Taylor and his brother Justin.
He dated musician Gabriella DiPace from 2008 - 2010, in 2011, it is rumoured he dated a close friend of his and Hayley's, Dakotah Rae, and from June 2012 - May 2013, he was in a relationship with a woman who has since liked to remain anonymous. During that relationship they got a dog called Bill together, but when they broke up, she kept Bill due to the fact Taylor's touring schedule was busy. More recently, York had been in an on-off relationship with two-time American Idol contestant, Baylie Brown since late 2013. In February 2017 it was confirmed that they broke up. Currently, he's dating Hayley Williams.
- His nicknames are T, Tay, Button and T-Ber.
- He has a Twitter: @itstayloryall.
- He has a Tumblr: @alohayall.
- He has an Instagram: @tayloryorkyall.
- He was especially close with drummer Zac Farro.
- He is also a record producer, having co-produced Paramore's self-titled record (2013), 'After Laughter' (2017), and produced Hayley Williams' solo project 'Petals For Armor' (2020).
- His brother, Justin York, joined the band on tour during the spring of 2010, and again in February of 2011. He became an official touring member during 2011. It's currently unknown if he'll ever join as a full time member.
- Taylor can also play keyboards, piano, glockenspiel, percussion, drums, bass, and ukulele.
- In 2017 during interviews Hayley has stated that Taylor was the one who managed to keep Paramore together as a band and he helped her through a difficult time in her life after the departure of Jeremy Davis.
- Taylor is the only member that never left Paramore.
- He (along with Hayley and Zac) has his own signature color for the After Laughter Era, his being yellow, Zac's being blue and Hayley's being red.
- Taylor owns the most guitars and equipment in general amongst all the Paramore members.
Former Touring Members
|Brand New Eyes|
|Songs||Careful • Ignorance • Playing God • Brick By Boring Brick • Turn It Off • The Only Exception • Feeling Sorry • Looking Up • Where the Lines Overlap • Misguided Ghosts • All I Wanted|
|Bonus Tracks||Decode • Ignorance (Acoustic Version) • Where the Lines Overlap (Acoustic Version) • Brick By Boring Brick (Acoustic Version) • Turn It Off (Acoustic)|
|Members||Hayley Williams • Josh Farro • Taylor York • Jeremy Davis • Zac Farro|
|Songs||Fast In My Car • Now • Grow Up • Daydreaming • Interlude: Moving On • Ain't It Fun • Part II • Last Hope • Still Into You • Anklebiters • Interlude: Holiday • Proof • Hate to See Your Heart Break • (One of Those) Crazy Girls • Interlude: I'm Not Angry Anymore • Be Alone • Future|
|Bonus Tracks||Escape Route • Native Tongue • Tell Me It's Okay • Decode • The Only Exception • Brick By Boring Brick • Let the Flames Begin|
|Members||Hayley Williams • Jeremy Davis • Taylor York|
|Songs||Hard Times • Rose-Colored Boy • Told You So • Forgiveness • Fake Happy • 26 • Pool • Grudges • Caught in the Middle • Idle Worship • No Friend • Tell Me How|
|Members||Hayley Williams • Taylor York • Zac Farro|